Location: Kings Hill Community Centre
Salary: Negotiable (Depending on age and experience)
Reports to: Facilities & IT Manager
Start date: Immediate
Job type: 3-6 Month contract (hours negotiable)
Kings Hill Parish Council has a small team of friendly staff and are responsible for running the Kings Hill Community Centre bookings and supporting our parish council and our local community.
About the Role
We are looking for an Office Junior to join our team based in the Kings Hill Community Centre. We are a new team who are looking for a reliable person to help with the general administration tasks in the office. Due to COVID we have had a quiet period but now we are getting back to normal we are expecting an increase in bookings and activity. You would be joining a supportive team who are looking to improve and grow.
- Assist with customer facility bookings and answering queries from customers via email.
- General filing for the Finance administrator.
- Supporting the Clerk with emails/filing/diary organisation.
- Dealing with customer queries via telephone.
- Creation of posters for upcoming meetings and events.
- General office tasks.
Additional training can be provided
The ideal candidate would be a friendly, positive team player who is also able to work independently. You'll need exceptional customer service skills, professional telephone and email manner and be eager to learn. Previous experience isn’t necessary but would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and word documents
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Team focused - Ability to work well independently and as part of a small team
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative as dictated by workload
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and responsive
Email your CV to David.email@example.com with a covering letter.