Local Plan Post Submission Consultation 4th November 2019 – 23rd December 2019
Published: 04 November 2019
Local Plan Post Submission Consultation 4th November 2019 – 23rd December 2019
The Inspectors appointed to examine Tonbridge and Malling's Local Plan have requested that Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council conducts an additional consultation relating to material published since the submission of the Plan to the Secretary of State on 23rd January 2019 and how this has or has not affected the soundness, legal compliance and meeting the Duty to Cooperate of the Local Plan. Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council is therefore inviting comments, also known as representations on the soundness of the Local Plan, taking account of this additional material.
The information below sets out how and by when to make such representations, as well as where to find these consultation documents.
This consultation is open to all, including those who have already responded at the Regulation 19 consultation, who will be contacted separately.
If you have responded previously, please note that, if, having considered the consultation documents your position remains unchanged, it will not be necessary to confirm this by responding to this consultation or reiterate earlier responses as your responses at Regulation 19 will be taken into account.
If the additional material addresses any concerns you previously held about the soundness of the Local Plan, i.e. you now wish to withdraw your objection to the Plan, then please respond accordingly. In addition, should you conclude that the additional material raises new concerns about the soundness of the Local Plan, we would also like to hear from you. In each case we would prefer if you used the Council’s new consultation software, which is available on the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council website and using your previous ID reference number. If you do not know your reference number, please use the link to find your reference number
The Regulation 19 responses can be found on the tmbc website.
The focus of this consultation is still on the Local Plan. Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council would like you to consider the additional material published since the submission of the Plan for examination and let them know if your position on the soundness, legal compliance and meeting the Duty to Cooperate of the Plan has changed. As mentioned above your original representation will be considered in any event so if your position has not changed it is not necessary for you to respond to this additional consultation.
The additional material that has been published by the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council since submission is set out on the Local Plan Examination Documents webpage.
The evidence that Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council l is consulting on is as follows:
• ED3/ED3A-E Landscape and Visual Impact Appraisal;
• ED4/ED4A A20 VISUM highway reports;
• ED5 M26 Jn2a Merge Diverge Highway Assessment report (Feb 2019);
• ED6 Habitats Regulation Assessment Rev C; and
• ED13 Sustainability Appraisal Addendum report.
The supporting information that the Council is consulting on is as follows:
• ED8B Para 116 Topic Paper;
• ED10 Green Belt Exceptional Circumstances Topic Paper;
• ED12 Spatial Strategy Topic Paper;
• ED19 TMBC letter to Inspectors (28.06.19) (Section 5 onwards);
• ED19B Table 2 Appendix Indicative Development Distribution Table;
• ED19C Table 3 Settlement Hierarchy Rural Service Centres;
• ED20 Site Selection Topic Paper – including housing numbers
• ED23 TMBC covering letter including the responses to the remaining Inspectors' questions (31.07.19) (Section 2 onwards, but not sections 7 and 10);
• ED23A Appendix 3 Clarification of funding position for critical and essential infrastructure; and
• ED25 Regulation 19 stage: main issues and The Council’s responses.
Period of publication for representations
The Consultation will run for a six week period. Representations must be received by Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council from Monday 4th November 2019 until 4pm on Monday 16th December 2019.
Please Note: Representations received after this date may not be considered. Only representations received within this period have a right to be considered by the Inspectors at the Examination.
How to make representations
Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council encourages representations to be made online by completing the specific consultation questionnaire
If you do not have access to the internet, you can request a hard copy of the response form by post, or collect a copy from the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council’s offices at Kings Hill or Tonbridge Castle. Alternatively, you can respond by letter, but please note letters and hard copies of the response form will be entered into the consultation database for a complete record. Letters and requests for response forms should be sent to:
Planning Policy, Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, Kent ME19 4LZ.
Focus of the representations
Given that the focus of the consultation is on the soundness of the Local Plan, responses should be framed by the tests of soundness for examining Local Plans as set out in para.182 in the Government’s National Planning Policy Framework (March 2012), namely:
· Positively prepared – the plan should be prepared based on a strategy which seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development;
· Justified – the plan should be the most appropriate strategy, when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence;
· Effective – the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities; and
· Consistent with national policy – the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework.
Representations that will not be accepted
The focus of this consultation is very clear. Any representations relating to other evidence base documents, or part(s) of the Local Plan that are unrelated to the documents being consulted on, will not be taken into account by the Examination Inspectors.
Availability of the consultation documents and the places and times at which they can be inspected.
The documents are available for inspection at the following locations:
• Council’s website
• Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council offices, Gibson Building, Gibson Drive, Kings Hill, Kent ME19 4LZ, during normal office hours.
• Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council offices, Tonbridge Castle, Castle Street, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1BG, during normal office hours.
What happens to the representations?
Duly made representations received during the consultation period will be submitted to the Examination Inspectors following the closure of the consultation.
Representations cannot be treated as confidential – personal details including signatures, phone numbers and email addresses will be removed prior to publishing. Data will be processed and held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 and Data Protection Act 2018.
For any further queries, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Local Plan Team on 01732 876266.
If you wish for your details to no longer be held by Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council, for the purposes of the Local Plan consultation data base. Please email email@example.com stating you wish for you details to be removed.
Representations must be received by no later than 4pm Monday 16th December 2019.
Any representations relating to other evidence base documents, or part(s) of the Local Plan that are unrelated to the documents being consulted on, will not be taken into account by the Examination Inspectors.