Warning Of Active Doorstep Criminal Activity
Published: 26 June 2019
KCC Public Protection have had reports about a doorstep criminal active in Larkfield and Ditton areas.
• A small man with an Irish accent is cold calling residents and before any work is agreed, he starts ripping up driveways or working on gardens.
• They've received reports of people being intimidated by this criminal.
• One resident was also driven to the bank to withdraw cash.
• NEVER agree to work from someone who knocks on your door uninvited.
• Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done.
• If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999.
• Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade.
• Get a minimum of 3 quotes in writing.
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.