The responsibilities of a Parish Council can include the provision and management of allotments, looking after open spaces and maintaining bus shelters and community buildings. A Parish Council can provide them itself, or by helping others (such as a charity) financially to do so. Councils are also the focal point for various local consultations. The Parish Councillors know the village and can represent its views to other local authorities.
What does Kings Hill Parish Council (KHPC) do?
KHPC is responsible for the following:
- The running of Kings Hill Community Centre
- The running of Kings Hill Sports Park
- Maintenance of the playground and green in Anson Avenue and other open spaces in Phase 1
- Installation and replenishment of salt bins in residential areas
- The provision and maintenance of a bus shelter
- Set up and design of new allotments at the Heath Farm site
- Community Notice Boards
- Consulted on all planning applications in the parish
- Acting as a liaison between the community and other local organizations and Councils
- A quarterly newsletter sent out to all residents of Kings Hill Parish
- Nominates representatives to serve on local voluntary, public and community organisations